Shenzhen Finance Institute
Shenzhen Finance Institute (SFI) was established by The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (CUHK-Shenzhen) with the support of Shenzhen. We aim to satisfy academia and industries worldwide by building a platform with a "global vision and Chinese focus" for research and communication, and tackle opportunities and challenges brought by the upcoming changes in the world's financial and economic structures. SFI is committed to nurturing high-end talents in finance and economics, conducting high-level research, establishing a global exchange platform, and functioning as a state-of-the-art think-tank. Our mission and vision are articulated below:
1. Nurture high-end talents: SFI collaborates with CUHK-Shenzhen to offer several Master's degree programs in the areas of economics, finance and management, full-time and part-time, as well as non-degree executive education programs.
2. Conduct high-level research as a state-of-the-art think-tank: SFI has established a growing list research centers, including:2. Conduct high-level research as a state-of-the-art think-tank: SFI has established a growing list of research centers and collaborated with universities, policy and financial institutions from home and abroad to set up postdoctoral research programs. We also recruit prominent researchers from home and abroad. The aim is to study critical theoretical issues and policy decisions regarding the Chinese economy, focusing on the Shenzhen and Hong Kong markets.
3. Establish a global exchange platform: SFI hosts a wide range of international academic conferences, and has co-hosted symposiums with internationally renowned institutions, such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Princeton University, and the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER). In addition, SFI also initiated VoxChina.org, a well-regarded academic exchange platform that publishes advanced scholarly research that addresses varied issues concerning China’s economic development, while meeting international academic standards for research excellence.
4. Function as a state-of-the-art think-tank: Each research center focuses on frontier issues in the economic and financial fields, and undertakes research on related topics of public policy institutions.
5. Collaborate with financial institutions: SFI carries out various exchanges and collaborations to promote industry progress and social development.