Professor Michael John Ferguson joined the School of Accountancy of The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1997. His teaching interests include corporate financial reporting, performance evaluation and control, and management accounting. He has taught in CUHK's world-class EMBA and MBA programmes since 1997. Professor Ferguson was the Director of the Master of Accountancy Programme in CUHK.
1. “To Reveal or Not to Reveal? Strategic Disclosure of Private Information in Negotiation.” With Ching Chyi Lee.European Journal of Operational Research, 207, 2010.
2. “The Ownership Structure of Listed Chinese State-Owned Enterprises and its Relation to Corporate Performance.” With Paul B. McGuinness.Applied Financial Economics, 15 (4), 2005.
3. “Nonaudit Services and Earnings Management:U.K.Evidence.” With Danqing Young and Gim Seow.Contemporary Accounting Research, 21 (4), 2004.
4. “Chinese Securities Reform: The Role of QFIIs in the Corporate Governance Process.” With Paul B. McGuinness.Business Horizons, 47 (2), 2004.
5. “To Sue or Not to Sue: An Experimental Study of Factors AffectingHong KongLiquidators Audit Litigation Decisions.” With Abdul Majid.Journal of Business Ethics, 46 (4), 2003.
6. “Voluntary Disclosure by State-Owned Enterprises Listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.” With Kevin C. K. Lam and Grace Meina Lee.The Journal of International Financial Management and Accounting,13 (2), 2002.